Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Candy-colored fabrics...

To say that I LOVE sewing, would be a mistake. While I do enjoy the creative process and even sewing itself, it's FABRIC that I have a true love for! The colors, the texture, the way it drapes, the ability to mold it into anything at all...it just boggles my mind!

I sometimes dream of having yards and yards of white linen. It would not stay white, of course! (at least not most of it!) I would dye lengths of it in rich, vibrant candy-colors, then neatly fold them and place each piece on the shelf to be admired, and eventually used (maybe!). Ahh, one can dream!

It has occurred to me though, that even if I am not able to procure a 20 yard bolt of white linen for myself, a more affordable option would be white muslin. Of course, not every project would be suited to thin muslin, but the candy-colors would shine brilliantly through this medium as well! (I can also envision lovely little girls skirts in swathes and layers of lovely muslin...or womens skirts...)

Am I alone in this dream? I think perhaps not! There is another blog I like to check in on I heart linen is it's name, and the author of the blog is someone who I can sympathize with on the whole loving linen thing!

So, muslin may have to be my "poor womans' linen" for now, but I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment